From:
Michael Moriarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:59:21 -1000
On pesticide resistant bees-

While the thought of not being economically affected by pesticide spraying
may be attractive, it might be wise to consider the implications of sprayed
bees coming back to and entering your hives without your knowing it.  Do
consumers really want the pesticides in the hives that produce their food?
Perhaps if we look again at pesticide injury to bees we might see it also
as a feedback mechanism which allows us to be aware of poisons... and
prevents us from passing them on to consumers.  There is already enough
rubbish in American Honey without increasing bee tolerance to poisons.

aloha,

Mike Moriarty

                    \\\|///
                   \\~~ ~~//