From:
Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2008 16:14:54 -0800
Hi,

Deknow, I agree with a lot of what you are saying and in my opinion,
the beekeeping industry is failing miserably for not using, and
breeding with AHB stock to improve it for the better of the industry.
Instead they indiscriminately destroy and eradicate any thing that
even looks AHB and in states considered AHB they even destroy colonies
that are gentle in the fear that they are "AHB". The publics
indiscriminate destruction of colonies is not helping for the long
haul. As another said the informed experts have all the answers and
have the situation under control and low and behold now we are in this
sad state of misery with the beekeeping industry. Bees are in such a
shortage that getting package bees and queens are getting harder to
do, I get call here in Alaska from people in the lower 48 states
thinking I can send them package bees from up here, crazy uh? AHB can
be breed to the gentle side just like in Puerto Rico described in this
link below;
http://esa.confex.com/esa/2005/techprogram/paper_22428.htm
Most beekeepers are afraid of AHB, and in turn they are scarring the
public. Like I have said before, Beekeepers can be their own worst
enemy as in this case.

But hey, I am just a poor, dumb, uninformed beekeeper in Alaska, What
do I know.

God Bless,

Keith Malone