From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2015 08:27:25 -0500
But that wouldn't be good for our industry, would it?

There is the quandary!   Honey prices are thru the roof,  bees sell well,  all due  IMO to this hype.   Lots of newbies want "save the bees"  short term its good for business,   long term,  who knows?

To the point of the "hype"  of 70% of our food,  what do we expect?  Its published every month in ABJ and Bee Culture,  usually multiple times an issue.   There is a reason they myth sells.  First off its warm and fuzzy,  and has a ring of truth to it.  Everyone knows bees DO pollinate flowers.  Second  we are not really asking for anything,  When you take global warming for example.   If the archatecs of it only wanted reduced emissions,  it would have sold,  instead they want Cap and trade.....  or Tax and spend.

As long as you don't make the claim and stick out your hand to the average person,  it will sell.

Charles