From:
Ken Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 09:17:38 +0800
Lisa Keeler wrote:

>You bet they can sense fear.  As a bug-o-phobe I sometimes
forget that as a
scientist everything is facinating to study!  Whenever I am
hit by a wave of
panic the bees are on me very quickly.  Sometimes I have to
walk away to get
me and the bees back into a proper mental state.

    I am pleased to see that at least one other beekeeper
shares my view that bees sense fear in people around their
hives. I listed my thoughts on this subject at
www.wn.com.au/hillgrove/faqs.htm but I was beginning to
believe that I was the only one around to believe bees sense
anxiety/fear/indecision. Thanks, Lisa!

Regards,
Ken Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Hillgrove Farm, Batavia Coast, Western Australia
Phone: (08) 9926 1087 Fax: (08) 9926 1338
http://www.wn.com.au/hillgrove
Bees & Honey, Beekeeping Software,  Website Design and Dog
Boarding Kennels.