Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2010 08:08:00 -0600
> Can I somehow now reconstitute the crystalized sugar that I took out of
> the gallon feeders?

Assuming it is clean, it can be broken up and stirred into hot water.  Since
it will be harder to dissolve than fine granulated sugar, you may wish to
wait until spring, when you need a thinner syrup, or use the chunks first
when mixing thick syrup and then using the fine granulated product to get up
to maximum concentration, since the latter dissolves more easily.

Remember to let your syrup settle and clear before pouring into feeders.

That said bees take warm syrup (95 degrees F) best because it does not cool
them down.  After all, they have to tank up with it and if it is chilly and
they imbibe it, it will chill them and they will be fairly slow moving until
they can warm up.  If the feed is outside the cluster, they may ignore it if
it is too cold and the ambient temps are too cool for them to manage the
job.