Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2012 15:25:44 -0500
Peter posts: " the association between N. ceranae
and poor health of  A. mellifera colonies may simply represent
reporting bias; a novel disease  organism in moribund colonies will be
understandably publicised whereas it  may go unsampled and unnoticed
if it does not have a marked pathological  effect on its novel host." by
Roobert Paxton

We  stated in our article that seeing Nosema plus  virus  in all of the CCD
operations that we sampled could be a  consequence rather than a cause of a
collapse.   The novel  disease organism that we found belongs to a group of
viruses that typically have  a covert phase that is hard to detect and that
does not have a marked  pathological effect on its hosts, whereas patent
infections are almost  invariably lethal.

We're conducting inoculation tests with whole colonies.

Jerry