From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:57:19 -0700

> >No need to assign blame nor try to instill feelings of guilt in people.

Wow, where did that come from Pete?  Who is attempting to instill guilt?
There's are big differences between respect, responsibility, and assigning
guilt.

You yourself started the discussion on ethics with:
>Further, the last thing I want is to be lectured on the ethical treatment
of insects. Get a grip.

I myself do "lecture" people on ethical treatment of their pets and
livestock, in so far as I feel that there is not need to allow a colony to
die a fully preventable slow and miserable death due to lack of varroa
management.  And I feel that I've got a grip.  If they don't want to treat,
that's fine with me, but I do feel that they have the ethical
responsibility to perform euthanasia and put the colony out of its misery,
and an ethical responsibility to other beekeepers to prevent further spread
of the causal mites and virus(es).

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA