Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 18:04:28 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (10 lines)
Lionel Evans asked.....

Scott, are you selling a quart of honey for $16.50? I sell mine for $5.50 per quart.

Yes I am Lionel.....when put it as you just did it does seem excessive......as I also said when I asked the $2.30/lb rate I was selling to people who could barely pay that Lionel......I also felt bad when I was home afterwards.......because I know those people were having a difficult time making ends meet.......I dont sell at flee markets......these are markets with older people, retired, but wanting healthy food......another vendor at the market is getting $2.00 for a dozen eggs......I have bought them also......no way can you buy such good eggs in the store.....If your customers get to know you.....your integrity will shine and people will support you......you can stand tall and proud that you have a wonderful jar of honey to sell......if you cut corners in your beekeeping and processing your product will not stand out.  I have wonderful repeat customers....the stories they tell about how they are now addicted to the flavor......I feel so good now after a market.......you know you have done well at a market when you are happy tired.......I also appreciate the customers......they are not sure if they want to pay so much....I will tell them if they are not happy with it to bring it back for a full refund......I have never bought back a jar......I keep the money ready though.....It will happen one day......
  Thanks for asking and Listening
  Scott Mitchell

ATOM RSS1 RSS2