Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2013 06:57:27 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
Paul, I am with you. I commend the work done by others to find solutions for varroa control that reduce the chances for the mites to build resistance. I will confess to treating my 30 hives with Apivar over the last two days. I had tests of between 11 and 30 mites per 300 bee samples. I treated 28 of them.  I have two hives that I am experimenting with but won't disclose my non-scientific approach to the brains here that are larger than mine.

I feel good, for this year only, that Apivar will help me survive the winter with minimal losses and will continue to monitor this list for Randy's and other suggestions on how I might prevent a collapse using treatments that the mites won't "figure out" over time.

It is a long road ahead and I look forward to the day when we have a solution that works for all.

Regards,
Keth Comollo

On Aug 28, 2013, at 4:23 PM, Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> 
> 
> These days I have been pulling suppers and putting in Apivar. I hate to do it, my first synthetic application in 4 years. I select a random apparently thriving, large (15+ frames) colony in each yard and put in a sticky board. The 24 hr. count has been many hundreds, perhaps a thousand, far more than I am willing to count.
> 
> 

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2