From:
Keth Comollo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2013 06:57:27 -0400
Paul, I am with you. I commend the work done by others to find solutions for varroa control that reduce the chances for the mites to build resistance. I will confess to treating my 30 hives with Apivar over the last two days. I had tests of between 11 and 30 mites per 300 bee samples. I treated 28 of them.  I have two hives that I am experimenting with but won't disclose my non-scientific approach to the brains here that are larger than mine.

I feel good, for this year only, that Apivar will help me survive the winter with minimal losses and will continue to monitor this list for Randy's and other suggestions on how I might prevent a collapse using treatments that the mites won't "figure out" over time.

It is a long road ahead and I look forward to the day when we have a solution that works for all.

Regards,
Keth Comollo