From:
Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2011 11:36:25 +1000
> Any one have information of any damage to fruit / fruit trees?

It will reproduce in fruit.  We have recorded instances of SHB in a compost
heap which had a lot of apples in it.  As they often use apple cider as an
attractant it is not surprising it was found in a compost heap with apples.
I seem to recall that in Florida it was also found reproducing in fruit.  I
was told that often the SHB that come from fruit are smaller than ones from
bee hives but the smaller ones are able to reproduce and their offspring go
back to normal size.  It was said the small size was as a result of poor
nutrition.  FWIW.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA