From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:41:51 -0700
> How large a hole can a bee propolize closed?...
> Since bees would propolize holes open or closed
> when ventilation is not needed or not needed
> would it be a good idea to have these "vent" holes available in all
boxes...

Some of us do, and not intentionally. <g>

Again we are getting to discussion where we are trying to generalize bee
behaviour.  There are so many variables.  Some bees propolise very liberally
and often, others don't propolise at all.  Some bees are 'smart' in some
tests, others are 'stupid' in the same situation.  I suspect that there are
no universal answers and my experience says to me that this won't work for
me, but might work for others somewhere.

allen