From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:38:24 -0400
Just got back from the Dr and my son was diagnosed with Lyme
desease. Caught it only three days ago so can be cured with
antibiotics, but it is a bad desease if not treated. Origionally
thought it was ringworm but there was feaver and flue like
symptoms, so we went to the Dr. The ticks are carried on both
deer and mice. They are nearly invisible when on the mice and on
you. My son thought he had been bitten by a spider. No trace of a
tick. Best guess is he got it camping.
The best preventative is vaccination. My wife was vaccinated
because she goes out painting in areas where deer are plentiful.
In the Northeast, 60-80 percent of the ticks that can carry lyme
disease are infected.

Bill T
Bath, ME