From:
BOB & LIZ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2013 14:18:39 -0400
hello All,

One of the biggest concerns for beekeepers is the Bayer Advanced Fruit, citrus, nut and vegetable control sold in most stores which sell pesticides.
Wal-mart, K mart ,Lowe's etc.

The label says one treatment lasts a year. Hmmm.

of course when resistance develops more will be better? Raise the Imid level?
What if the home owner sees bugs in the garden. Why not hit the garden again like with former products?

Now Bayer Advanced:

0.235% Imidacloprid

99.765% unknown ingredients.

beekeepers are not going to win the neonic battle but we should be informed.

The neonics are selling like wildfire. As a fruit grower over decades i do not believe the hype put out but I am sure the average home owner will.

None of the fruit growers I speak with believe one treatment a season will solve all their insect problems.

bob