Date:
Sat, 13 Jun 2015 10:52:40 -0400
Et replies..

> Even this claim is subject to question.  Charlie Marzz (spelling likely
> all wrong) wrote many times in the ABJ about there NOT being any direct
> evidence to support this claim and my mother (who spent all of her working
> life teaching home economics or as an extension home demonstration agent)
> always though that cross contamination was a better explanation for this
> than anything directly related to the honey itself.

Not sure what you mean by "cross contamination".

The issue with infants less than 6 months old is that their digestive
system is not yet up to speed to handle food with all the stuff that our
digestive systems deal with, including botulism spores.

Those on the honey-is-not- the-reason side note that it is more probable
that the botulism came from other foods, not honey, and I agree with that.
But I also told my sons not to feed my grandchildren honey until after 6
months for fairly obvious reasons. After that let the kids eat dirt and
rocks.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine