Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 17:22:13 EDT
Hello!

I just finished reading Carl Johansen's POLLINATOR PROTECTION HANDBOOK.
In it he says that many states have regulations stating the time of day that
certain pesticides can be applied "as to prevent hazards to bee pollinators."
 Does anyone know how I could go about finding information on application
regulations/guidelines in NY, WA, FL, and CA?  Any clues on who to call?

I am also wondering if these regulations are in place to protect bees in
general or just managed hives.  If it was primarily for managed hives, I'd
expect there to be more regulations in the states that rely heavily on crop
pollination.

Thanks in adavance for any input!!  I am new at locating this type of
informtaion, and the book was a bit grey about who exactly to call.  It could
be different in each state- which would further complicate things!!!

Lori Quillen