From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:18:04 -0400
Randy writes
> but not treated in any way for mites  until Oct 5, and then treated with Apistan, would you expect those colonies to survive the winter?

I haven't used Apistan in over ten years, but obviously it's the waiting till October that is the issue. That's why Mite Away Quick Strips came about, because in the Northeast mite levels skyrocket at the end of August and by October, the party is over. Often the colonies make a great crop off of goldenrod and then -- collapse. Here, we need to treat in August in order to have bees in the fall.

PLB