From:
"James C. King" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 1996 11:12:34 -0400
>Date:    Fri, 6 Dec 1996 02:11:13 -0500
>From:    "<Mary Sellhorn>" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Honey House plans
>
>We are planning to build a honey house to use for storing all my equipment
>and for processing our honey.  We are just hobby beekeepers at this point
> (only 8 hives) but planning to expand to as many as 30 hives.  Does anyone
>have suggestions for  a honey house?  My son-in-law is drawing plans  and
>wants to know what to include.
>My husband plans to make it abou 20ft. by 10 ft with plumbing and
>electricity. Anyone out there who has built a honey house have suggestions?
>Mary

Mary, I second the idea to build larger if you possibly can.  Depending on
what you will have in your extracting set up, a pit in the floor (with
drain) might be a good idea.  I have such a pit in the floor of my honey
house.  The extractor on floor level empties into a jacketed sump sitting
in the pit.  Following the sump in a small honey pump with long hose to
pump into strainers over drums or tanks.

Jim King, Riegelsville, PA