From:
Ian Stuart McLean <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ian Stuart McLean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 1996 15:53:19 -0500
Hi,

May I suggest that instead of candy you try Bakers Fondant. You can use it
at times when the bees wont take syrup.
Cut the fondant into about 3 kg slabs, put it in a thin plastic bag to stop
it hardening. On the hive slash the plastic with a hive tool, peel plastic
back on underside and place straight on the frames.The bees come up to the
feed through the cut in the plastic.>
If they want feed they use it if not - they dont.
I've used it, in emergency, more of late as pressure of work reduces my
time with my own bees!

Yours Ian

[log in to unmask]  - Northern Regional Bee Inspector, UK -  Bee Curious
phone/fax 01704 822831
snailmail 'Asland' Flash Lane, Rufford, Ormskirk, Lancs, L40 1SW  - UK.