From:
Lionel Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2012 21:59:40 -0500
Hi all,

I found a way to get rid of laying workers several years ago. This is very
simple and works very well.

This time of the year, on a day when bee are flying, take the hive about 200
feet from it's location. Remove all frames at this spot.

Carry the brood chamber back to the original spot, empty. Go back to the
spot you left the brood chamber frames with clinging bees
and shake all bee from the frames. Carry frames back to the hive and replace
frames in hive. Laying workers will not be able to get home.
Then you can place queen less hive on top of a queen right hive with the use
of a newspaper between the hives. Works good. I have
done this several times. Worked every time.

Lionel
North AL, USA