Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2017 14:34:02 +0000

    On Saturday, November 25, 2017 3:56 PM, Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 > Swarming, supering, queen excluder use are are completly differnt in single over doubles

Pete,  not advocating one or the other,  personal choice,  just that you can not really make comparisons of how the bees react to one vs the other.  It is,  all about the space.
I was doing a bit of research yesterday,  it was interesting  in one of the "anacdoatal" pieces of info on undersupering was from Michal Bush,  who stated  " they do make a small bit more that way,  but its not worth the effort to me".
While understanding your thoughts on bigger hives,  to each thier own.  its managment time and efforts.  If your what I would refer to as a walkaway beekeeper,  then doubles and such are great,  if your interested in getting the absolute most out of your hive, and have the time to manage it,  I suggest you at least ponder singles.
Point being  I and others are not dispariging running your haive anyway you like,  just pointing out a different plan that seems to be working for many of us.
Charles