Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2012 17:30:13 -0400
I find that customers have a wide variety of preferences that never cease to amaze me.  Some choose based on color or smell and others have monofloral or wildflower preference.  Surprisingly, my local honey is actually almost always the best seller with the taste test even though I may have 5-6 top quality monofloral honeys that are as good as honey gets to my taste buds.   I once had a buyer describe what I considered the best Sourwood ever to my taste buds as of "barnyard" origin and choose a Spanish Needle honey which has a fairly strong odor but a buttery, sweet taste that doesn't linger which is quite different than the nose is led to expect.  Much of our local honey contains privet which "bites" on the tongue and many customers love the difference vs store bought honey.  I am somewhat allergic to privet and it leaves a burning sensation on my tongue for several days so am happy to oblige those that want to buy it.

Atlanta, GA