From:
Adrian Wenner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 1994 13:21:32 PST
>My thanks to all who contributed interesting uses. I find that 'what is
>beeswax used for' close to top of the list of FAQ's at any public demo
>on bees and beekeeping and was getting tired of giving the same old
>answers. Apologies to those who found the correspondence irrelevant to
>their own operations. Best wishes of the season, Falconer Henry

   That was quite a set of responses about uses of beeswax, but may I
suggest another procedure.  Broadcasting a question to all on the net is a
great idea.  However, when three or four responses come in, I believe it
courteous for subsequent respondents to reply directly to the questioner by
the private number, rather than burden the net with dozens of calls.

   If the initiating person then gets a good input of potential use to many
on the net, the replies can be summarized and sent out as a summary on the
net so that we get one long message rather than many many short messages
that may or may not be of interest (and/or listed on the FAQ).

   The reason for my comments:  some of us receive an audible signal that a
new message has come in -- a very handy cue when we are expecting a return
message about an important topic from someone.  If that bell goes off
several times an hour and each turns out to be yet another response to a
single question of only moderate interest, it becomes difficult to
concentrate on other tasks.  It is sort of like a lot of people dialing the
wrong number (ours) all the time.

                                                                Adrian

* Adrian Wenner        E-Mail   [log in to unmask]  *
* Department of Biology        Office Phone    (805) 893-2838 *
* University of California     Lab Phone       (805) 893-2838 *
* Santa Barbara, CA  93106     FAX             (805) 893-4724 *