Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:33:47 -0600
>>Treatment resulted in increased bee survival, thus larger  colony
populations, and subsequently resulted in a four-fold increase  in honey
production.'

> Yet they targeted the wrong virus?

Could be.  IAPV can be a problem, though, even if it does not prove to be
THE problem, and what was learned here could pave the way for managing other
viruses.  We don't have much info yet.  I assume they inoculated the test
hives with IAPV?

"IAPV specific dsRNA (Remebee"-IAPV or herein Remebee"-I) was used
successfully to prevent bees from succumbing to infection from IAPV in small
scale lab experiments whereas bees fed Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP) dsRNA
and virus died in a manner similar to the IAPV fed control bees.
Transferring RNAi from a well characterized and efficient tool in the lab
and making it successful in preventing the adverse effects of virus
infection in the field, was notoriously difficult. However, we present the
first large-scale real world successful use of RNAi for disease control.
IAPV specific homologous dsRNA can be used to reduce impacts from IAPV
infection as shown across 160 honey bee hives in two discrete climates,
seasons and geographical locations (Florida and Pennsylvania). This is the
first successful demonstration of the use of RNAi as a preventative
treatment for an insect disease on such a large scale.

The ARS page says,

"Submitted to: PLoS Pathogens
"Publication Type: Peer Reviewed Journal
"Publication Acceptance Date: September 27, 2010
"Publication Date: N/A

I checked there.  Nothing yet.

So, it is not published yet.  I assume it is in peer review?   Will it pass?
There are some credible authors.

FWIW, the ARS page contains a typo: " IAPV, has been linked as a
contributing factor in coolly collapse," so somebody is not paying
attention. (Poofreed Everting).

CCD is still an enigma.

Blind men examining an elephant?