From:
Griggs Mike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:12:38 -0400
Do you subscribe to the American Bee Journal?  "The oldest English
language beekeeping publication in the world established in 1861 by
Samuel Wagner which has been published continuously since that time
except for a brief period during the Civil War"

http://www.dadant.com/journal/history.html

  With your help the first 20 Volumes 1861-1880 of ABJ can  become
the next volumes available for any beekeeper with a computer &
network connection by dialing in to  the  EF Phillips Beekeeping on-
line collection at:

  "The Hive & The Honeybee" maintained by Cornell University.
http://bees.library.cornell.edu/

Recent gifts from beekeeping associations from across the US are
adding up as we close in on our monetary goals needed for this
digitization mile mark!  We only need additional contributions of
$2,050 to get all 20 volumes (1861 through 1880) of original American
Bee Journal digitized.  This digitized beekeeping library is the
largest digital on-line collection of beekeeping materials thanks to
the foresight of EF Phillips, the generous contributions by
beekeepers like you and Mann library!  And it is available to all!

Imagine having access to 30 early America beekeeping volumes from
your home computer?  And soon you will be able to read the first 20
volumes of ABJ.

Perhaps you,  your Association or Sate beekeeping organization would
like to help by contributing a small donation.  By doing the entire
20 volumes at once the estimated cost for digitizing all 20 would be
$150/volume.  The cost goes up if we choose to do it in smaller,
multiple groupings. A few of the local associations have chosen to
provide a gift to the digitization project in remembrance of passed
association beekeepers.

If you or your association would like to help with this or need more
information to take to other beekeepers, either contact me or look
at  "The Hive & The Honeybee" site at;

http://bees.library.cornell.edu/

Mike Griggs
President Finger Lakes Beekeepers