From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 07:35:47 -0500
Ted Fischer wrote:

> Actually, the search is easy, and yields several studies both in the US and Europe.  I just went online into the National Library of Health Medline data archives and found 30 studies dating from 1976 to the present.

There is a lot in the archives about this also. The spores are in honey but
they are also in about everything else you might want to feed your child
that has not been pasturized. At fairs, I tell parents not to feed honey to
their child honey if less than 1 year old. But I add that honey is not the
problem. Mash up banana, squash. peas or any food and you run the same
risk. And it is not a universal risk. Some, and probably most, babies can
handle it with little or no problem. But why risk it?

Interesting that way back when, most infants were breast fed for two to
four years, depending on the availabiblity of other sources of food. So
honey and other foods were never an issue.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME