Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 09:27:03 AST
     I have no particular investment in the Dance Theory.  It is a nice
     picture, but what matters is "is it true"?

     The tenor of the writings I've seen seems to be to prove or
     demonstrate the validity of a strongly held belief.  That is
     proponents of the theory design experiments to prove their belief and
     explain away the arguments of the opponents.  At the same time the
     anti Dance Theory people seem to design their experiments to disprove
     the theory.  Is there no work being done by people who not only claim
     objectivity, but demonstrate it.  It seems to me that the search for
     truth is not served by two opposing sides, but by seeking what is
     true, whether we believe it or not.