From:
Mark Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2015 22:40:52 -0600
I make my Kombucha with Raw Honey from my hives rather than sugar. Raw honey contains the organisms that the bees have in their gut biome only locked into non-viability. Making Kombucha unlocks these organisms to allow them to ferment the honey sweetened tea and propagate (only mix in the honey after the tea has cooled to body temp). The scoby is then host to these same organisms and thus is probiotic for the bees.

-- mark