From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 08:08:22 -0800
>>In the minds of those who *believe* ...what single experiment would it
>>take to prove absolutely that the dance language hypothesis is untenable,
>>or at least open to serious question?

>This is not a fair challenge, when dealing with something as a language.

If the experiment is of the type you use an example, would agree.

On the other hand, that is not what I asked.  What I asked, and what was
apparently not understood, was different.  Please read it again and see if
you can think of any one experiment that would, if not completely destroy
the dance language theory, draw the widely observed bee behaviour in
question-- the so-called dance--under reconsideration and possible
redefinition.

> obviously. In a situation such as this, where a scientific theory is being
> debated, the key is consensus building. you can persuade any ONE person of
> nearly anything BUT "you cannot fool all of the people all of the time"
> (Abraham Lincoln, speech, 1856).

Nice quote, but Lincoln was obviously wrong.  Look around you.

BTW, I will not be drawn into long and pointless debates about things I did
not say.  If anyone cares to answer the question I asked, (and I might point
out, was not mine in the first place) I will be grateful.  Otherwise I will
consider my point proven.