From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2017 12:53:10 -0400
> I am trying to say that non-farmers need to see from the farmer's viewpoint and you respond with this? We should just give up trying to communicate altogether? Consumers should have nothing to say about how food is produced?

> In all this back and forth,  I have seen dozens of statements and proclamations,  don't recall any questions.

I just posed three.

And I replied.  Your questions are not about farming,  not about being informed.  Those three questions are based on how you communicate your point of view.  None of them further your knowledge on AG issue,  but are simple directed at telling others your position.  None of them further or favor 2 way communication.

Charles, you are completely mistaken. In nothing I said was there any expression of any point of view. My question: should we give up, etc.? was hypothetical. Of course we shouldn't. Asking whether consumers viewpoint should be respected, implies no particular viewpoint. However, in communicating one can and should offer one's position, at the same time as listening.

Many times here at Bee-L I have stated that people need to understanding each other's positions, even if we are in disagreement. I have never suggested that you represent the Ag position and can't understand the modern consumers desires and phobias. I have never characterized farmers in any way. I know farmers and they are as different as any other group of people.

But, OK, how would you further or favor 2 way communication?

PLB