From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:21:14 -0400
I wonder how long will apistan and checkmite be under a Section 18 so called "emergency" listing?

would seem that an emergency does not last almost 2 decades?

one could make the argument the new emergency is the high levels of these materials found in
brood comb.

now that we have formic and apiguard i'm still waiting for some industry leadership to step
forward and request the delisting of checkmite and apistan if we're serious about improving
honeybee health.

whatever happened to the OA listing? its legal in Canada and parts of the EU, why are we still
waiting here in the USA?

where are the two leading honeybee organizations on this critical issue of miticide regulation?
ABF asks Congress for help on CCD but is unwilling or unable to take action on the self
contamination issue that they could do immediately without federal funding.

what is wrong with this picture?

IMO we need a new honeybee/beekeeper organization to step forward with a new set of values.