Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2017 07:21:40 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
a couple of Richard Cryberg snip followed by> my comment 
Suppose I had a GMO honey bee that made mites into a non problem.  Does the hive need to yield more honey then a treated hive to make such a bee worthwhile?  I do not think so.

Anyone who thinks a farmer plants GMO round up ready beans or corn because he expects a higher corn yield per acre knows zero about corn and bean farming.  In fact, the smart farmer might even be willing to take a yield reduction per acre to gain all the clear advantages of growing the GMO crop.  It is easy enough to sit in some high tower and pontificate on how the farmer should run his business when you know nothing about what you are talking about.  It is also a total waste of time.

>in the language of modern economics and business management there is a widely practice idea that is called 'opportunity cost'...basically whatever benefit is measured in the item is also priced into the item.  it may make farming easier but invariable it does not make it any more profitable. you can see this idea in practice clearly anytime the price of petro spikes.

>sounds like some anti intellectual 'chip on their shoulder whining to me.  of course I would guess the duplicitous nature of the above comments flies right over some folks head.

Gene in central Texas....

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2