Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2011 08:16:15 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
I have enjoyed pugging long/lat coordinates and addresses provided by posters into Google maps - google.maps.com - (no need to download Google Earth, if you don't want the app or have the bandwidth) and seeing where folks are located; helps with perspective.   Some nice bee country out there.  For me, the coordinates of the location(s) of the bees  are actually more interesting than the those of the location of the beekeeper; I'm not much into playing Big Brother.

I noticed that my own numbers were not very conducive for copying and pasting, since I had the two latitude versions on the same row and likewise for longitude.  So, I changed my sig file.  Never too old to learn.

Thanks.

p.s. My numbers are actually the location of my weather station for purposes of providing data to the NWS.  My bees are about 50 yards/meters north of that location along the tree line.  Also, the decimal version is spot on, while the hour/minute/second version is off by about 25 ft/8 meters, due to rounding.  Not that it matters to anyone else, but, if I am going to stick a pin in the surface of the planet and declare "I am here", I want it to be clear what 'here' means.

p.p.s.  Still a lot of snow on the ground, but the bees are bringing in pollen, and I can smell that wonderful 'work in progress' aroma coming from the hives.  Spring is finally here.  If we get a week or two of decent weather, I can then do my spring break down/cleaning/maintenance/assessment.

###################################
Bill 
Claremont, NH
+43° 21’ 25”  -72° 23’ 01”
+43.35687     -72.3835
CWOP: D5065
Weather Underground: KNHCLARE3
HonetBeeNet: NH001

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

Guidelines for posting to BEE-L can be found at: