Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 11:29:50 -0700
Good morning  Bob H.

Dan Cummings you mention, he runs four thousand acres of almonds & is co-owner of a nine thousand hive outfit in Orland, CA.
Dan is helping our industry like no other. Dan writes many articles favoring the bee industry and telling the obstacles we all face.Yes, he is an ALMOND GROWER.

  I have been accused of taking the growers side of things, that could not be further from the truth. There will be a far greater number of sub-standard bees being rented and paid full price for, than a hand full that don't get paid at all. I will bring in over a quarter million dollars in revenue this spring from these growers, I support my family with this revenue, and do not like the bashing of the growers.
    This year the almond industry gave over seven hundred thousand dollars for mite research.

 A few question for pollinators;

Do you know how warm it needs to be for the flower to be receptive for pollination, (just because the bees are there does not mean it's receptive)?

Do you know what the Calif. State apiary inspector calls a pollinating hive (# of frames)?

 P.S.  It's something I have a little knowledge in.

 Keith Jarrett