From:
BusyKnight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 1995 17:24:32 -0500
>For all I know, this may have studied long ago and been discarded
>as ineffective.
True.

Wes,
Going to all this trouble probably doesn't hurt anything but it doesn't
really help either.  I continue to do a hot lye water bath on my wooden
equipment but its just to clean the frames. Not necessarily to try and
get rid of the disease carriers.  The spores that carry foulbrood can
survive a bleaching or lye water bath. I also use the small hand held
propane torch to scorch the inside of my hive boxes.  If you have queen
excluders (the metal grid type...not plastic) the torch also makes for
a really quick cleanup of burr comb on the queen excluders.
BusyKnight
Dallas, TX