From:
Wayne Pitts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2016 08:34:04 -0800
" I have seen live wax moth larvae in zero degree [F] weather here in MA. I believe many survive the winter."
According to Wyatt Mangum in the March 2016 Bee Culture (page 54 and figure 8) article on thermal imaging, wax moth larva do produce heat, enough to be visible to an IR camera. This implies, with enough food available, they can survive.  This also implies that larva should probably be removed from comb prior to freezing.

Wayne