From:
John Partin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 08:25:44 -0400
  Mr. Murrell  I have looked very hard for the research on this and have
not been able to find any.  I took the word of two of the most informed
beekeepers that I know, Dave MISKA  who produces about 1500 cells every
other day in the spring in Florida and Jack Griffis in Mi.  The % they
quote is a lot higher than yours..  Would you please inform us of your
source.
   If we use your 30% figure and we do it two times a year the  % of
take will still be not so bad.  Do not foget you have a good % of
natural supercedure in your hives if you do nothing.  I do not think we
can do do quite as well as finding the old queen and killing her but we
would be close.  The time and money saved is well worth it.  Do not
forget that I have not found a swarm in my yards in three years, I am
sure that I have had some but not many.
  BUD