Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 19:13:39 -0500
can anyone explain to me how it is that skunks etc can eat bees or
rob nests without suffering such damage to their eyes and noses from
the stings that it isn't worth it?  I should think a blind, noseless
skunk would be incapacitated.  I have been hearing for years about
bears skunks, and some birds eating bees, and still don't understand
what happens.  If a bear or a skunk can survive being stung, why
dont't other animals attack hives too???  What is so special about
a skunk?
Any info, thank you!!
Liz Day
Indianapolis, Indiana, central USA