From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 21:45:45 -0600
> I looked up in my Grainger catalog and my HVAC supplier's catalog
> and I can't seem to find a thermostat that will shut off in a range
> of 120=BAF. Maybe I'm overlooking something. Could you email me with
> the specifics on your thermostat? I think the fan idea is a good one
> as that has been mentioned by others also.

I think the thermostats on old electric hot water heaters will do
just fine if you don't mind adjusting with a screwdriver.  Check the
dump.

Muffin fans are available at computer surplus places.  Most
fans don't last too well in warm places -- the bearings tend to go
dry after a while.

A word of warning:  Think of the unthinkable, a honey spill in the
melter, and make sure the electrics are not on the very bottom so
that they are spared any messes.  A drain is a good idea, too.

Honey has untoward effects on electrical connections, so care should
be made to avoid the possibility of honey in a socket or thermostat
contact set.

Wax is flamable and plastic buckets too close to a bulb will melt.
Rough service bulbs will last longer in the warm environment and
make more heat vs light.

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                         VE6CFK
RR#1, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
Internet:[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
Honey. Bees, & Art <http://www.internode.net/~allend/>