Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 20:08:39 EDT
Hello Peggy Gerba & Bee Friends,

I would hope your neighborhood association in Tucson, AZ. realizes the
importance of Honeybees.

I have a hive of bees at a friends house . 25 acre.  If this neighborhood
beekeeper does all the right things you shouldn't have any problems.  If I
were him I certainly would provide water for the bees using entrance feeders
and make sure the flight paths of the bees are away from the property line
and side walks.
If anyone in the neighborhood has fruit trees or veggie gardens they will
benefit greatly from the bee being there.

Generally the standard "European" honeybee is a gentle and non-aggressive.
Not the case with "Africanized" honeybees.  Of course anything that sings is
labeled a bee, a bad rap for us beekeepers.

Honeybees are a beneficial insects, not a pests.

John
CT