From:
Richard Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:48:18 -0400
We just lost our county inspector last month.  Even after a letter
writing campaign to save the position that costs tax payers a small
sum of 6500.00 a year the best we could get from them is a "well,
maybe our beekeepers can help foot some or all the bill and have not
heard from them since".

The State of Ohio did away with their State Level program years ago,
requiring counties to fund them.

I think this will become a common occurrence across the country as
local governments, offices, and universities continue to make cuts.

I'll have six yards this year.  As a result of all these cuts I will
be sending my registration forms in this year with no money attached
and include a letter that says "When you get an inspector I'll start
paying a registration fee."

Have a good weekend folks!

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm