From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2013 10:02:31 -0400
> However, may I suggest that you broaden your horizons and realize that bees are suffering from many pesticides and pollutants.

As well as a variety of pathogens. The main point here is that we are facing an extremely complex issue with many aspects, in many locales. We can compare this to a lengthy court case.

Both sides have experts, competent lawyers, etc. Ultimately, the jury has to make a decision. This does not mean they dismissed one side as being wrong and endorsed the other one. Often, in the end it's who had the more persuasive case. Jurors are selected on the basis of their being unbiased from the start.

For example, if you oppose all pesticides from the beginning, how could you sit on a case involving pesticides? You would be disqualified as a juror. If you think the anti-pesticide crowd is a bunch of fanatics with nothing to contribute, same deal.

Everyone has something to contribute to this issue, but decisions that affect people's have to be made. The goal is to be fair and address as many concerns as possible, knowing that result will probably not completely please anyone.

Pete