From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2016 17:51:54 -0600
Commercial Beekeepers (700 colonies)
Spring: 120 hours every 7-10 days
Summer: 120 hours every 2-3 weeks
Fall: 120 hours every 4-6 weeks
Winter: 120 hours every 6-8 weeks
Using my math, approximately 2,652 hours over the year, or 3.8 hours per colony.

Given there are roughly 2080 working hours  (40 hour week) that number is close.  Running 700 is not unmanageable,  but I think his numbers are pretty decent for the average guy.  As you get bigger your hive time per unit drops.  First reason is your just faster.  I would guess I spend about an 1.5 hours total per year actually "in" the hive. The rest is moving boxes, moving hives and all the tertiary stuff.

A lot of that also depends on what your doing,  Pollination and lots of moving,  vs stationary and making honey,  vs bee production.

Larger you get the better you get and being efficient, at the cost of bigger tools.  I can feed 400 hives a day by myself  With a large pump system for example.

Charles