From:
CharlesW <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 16:28:25 -0400
I had some really nasty bees at a friends house. I had gone and requeened
them, but in doing so really got them stirred up! A few days ago my friend
called and said that the bees were stinging himself, the neighbors and
passers by, and that he wanted me to move the bees. I, of course, did. My
problem is though, that the few straglers that were left behind (I did move
them late in the evening, but quite a few still took to flight before I got
them closed up) are still bothering people! I went over this morning to
check out the situation, and at first, I saw no bees, but then after walking
around a bit, I attracted a dozen or so. They seemed to have nothing better
to do than attack.
  These are the most hostile bees I have encountered to date.
  My question is, how long will those straglers live as solitary bees? I
would have guessed that they would have dispersed the next day and caused no
further problems. Is there anything I can do to get rid of them faster, or
is just waiting for them to die the best we can hope for?

Thanks for any input,
Charles
Texas