From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 14:15:12 -0500
Hello All,

> Right you are! And I also forgot about the truck I had that always
>slipped  out of third gear, so you had to hold it in gear. Which was
>unfortunate since  you could only cruise in fourth if you 1) were empty,
>2) had a level or  downhill road, and 3) had the wind behind you.

Propolis is a common problem with old bee trucks but my friends and I have
taken many old bee trucks as above, solved their mechanical problems, and
gotten many years of excellent service. My trucks are old but every winter I
repair and fix all mechanical problems.  I would not put up with the above
problem.

The Mechanic

Ps. The other day I had a person steal a new 55 gallon drum out of my yard
sitting next to my favorite old bee truck. Glad he felt  the old bee truck
was not worth stealing  as I skinned a few knuckles rebuilding the steering
last year. I had a friend which every time he went around a corner the
drivers door on his old bee truck would fly open. Amazing the things people
will put up with.  Lack of money was not the problem with the beekeeper. He
just didn't see the door flying open as a serious problem. He resented me
implying it was.