From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 14:32:16 -0600
Found this <[log in to unmask]> in
sci.agriculture.beekeeping:

-= BEGIN forwarded message =-

From: "bees" <[log in to unmask]>
Newsgroups: sci.agriculture.beekeeping
Subject: anatomy

For a project we are involved in we are seeking some information about the
anatomy of worker honey bees, their size, shape etc.  We are not so
interested in internal anatomy.

Has anyone studied the range of sizes of worker bees, size of head, thorax,
body eyt.

We intend to construct an accurate 3D model on computer and need either
accurate scale top and side views or precise photographs.

The anthropometric data for humans is well documented with sizes measured
between joint centres.  IS there anything similar available for bees.

I cannot say very much about the project at present but it is very exciting
and I will publish the 3D data of the bee for all to use when complete.

Mike Pearson
Pearson Matthews Design Ltd