From:
Carlos Aparicio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 07:00:21 +0300
Dear Mary:
        Your new bees can have different ideas from yours, on their own food.  In
facts they will seek their  feed in a radio of some two miles as of your
backyard  and if the things do not go very well, the radio can very well to
arrive to the four or five miles.
        One of the most rewarding and usefully task in the beekeeping is doing an
inventory of trees, plants and flowers in that radio.
        The eucaliptus is a tree specially good for bees, and different varieties
(there are about 500) will flower at different months of the year.-  In my
area, eucaliptus is by far the most important source of floral feed for bees.-
        by the way, I would like hear something about the buckfast bee.  We work
here with apis mellifera mellifera.-

        Good luck and enjoy your new activity.

        Carlos Aparicio