From:
david browder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:24:06 -0800
> >  Maples are in full bloom here in north carolina.
>
> Is this the average date of Maple bloom in North Carolina, or are they
> early this year? ---------I'm thinking it's right on schedule here but
this is a looong state.Decades ago I used to drive a truck all over N.C..
IMHO there's a full month's time between Wilmington and Boone "Blooming". My
favorite delivery run in the early Spring was the Albemarle area in the
Yadkin River Valley.  Always seems to be bout two weeks ahead of where I'm
at in the W-S/ Greensboro area. Springtime can never be too soon.