From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 2015 23:45:57 +0000
No clue as to where those lines would be drawn!

Have you watched the RNAi video on the thread "Lundgren on RNAi at ESHPA fall meeting<http://community.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-LSOFTDONATIONS.exe?A1=ind1511&L=BEE-L#43> "?

That will tell you what the concerns are.

Also see:

http://igrow.org/agronomy/corn/the-next-generation-of-pesticides/

I think this topic is very pertinent to bees and beekeeping because the environment directly affects the health of bees.  In fact the above two links on GMO technology are work by Jonathan Lundgren, an ecologist and USDA-ARS bee researcher.  I also really appreciate Kathryn Kerby's informative posts, she included information on farming practices that several here have requested from "lurkers".

Jonathan said to us last weekend "Heal the soil and heal the bees".  I think it's worth thinking about what the issues with the soil might be.

Christina