From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2016 10:45:59 -0400
https://www.dadant.com/catalog/publications/books/m00010-hive-and-the-honeybee-new-edition

After many years, the long overdue revision of The Hive and the Honeybee was unveiled at the CA beekeeping conference last year.

This is the first major revamp in an even a longer time.  There are chapters on new topics, color illustrations, new authors.  Some chapters are completely new, some are upgraded.

It's a physically big book - our students have taken to calling it the brick.   Dr. Dale Hill's update of the nutrition chapter was sorely needed.  He's now been generous enough to serve as a guest lecturer for our UM ONLine Master level beekeeping course.  Recently retired, he's an expert in animal nutrition and his cross-over experience from larger animals to bees provides new insights.  We're thrilled, as are the students, to have him as their instructor, and I'm learning a lot from him as well.