From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2016 18:21:02 -0300
On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 2:48 PM, randy oliver wrote:

> > *Ditto for the Africanized bee,
> and for any number of feral populations in the U.S.

I'm afraid to disagree. I have been woriking for a year now at north of
Peru a region known by its africanized honeybees and they do not stand
varroa, they end up with PMS and peruvian think it is european foolbrood so
give oxi. I took out all oxi and forced the use of an acaricide plus
improved nutrition. No more PMS and the company I'm woriking with was able
to go from 1000 colonies to 4000 colonies in a year. They had been
struggling to grow to 1000 colonies for more than 10 years. In summary they
do not perish with varroa but they do much better without.